CareAvailability was started as a local, family owned business in 2020. While Beta testing our first site,the global pandemic COVID-19 forced families and providers to search for care differently than ever before. Within two months, we had multiple hospitals using the test site as a primary resource. This allowed us to gain immediate and valuable feedback that we have incorporated into this more robust version.
Our team also publishes Retirement Connection Guide, a local print and online resource in Oregon and Washington state. With over two decades of industry experience providing support and resources for housing and home care communities, our founder has seen the rising need for more online resources. Care Availability is a streamlined, user-friendly database that allows you to report and find “Real Time” availability. More so, it is the amalgamation of networking and listening to communities and case managers that inspired us to provide a solution. Our site is designed to help patients, families, and health care teams self-navigate the complexities of searching for senior care.
What makes us awesome?
There may be similar platforms to search for care; but we feel that we have gone a step above…
- – We do not charge hospitals, physicians, health clinics, social workers or any health team for our services.
- – We have included Medicare Ratings to support Patient Freedom of Choice.
- – We are the most comprehensive resource; providing a robust database of information representing: Active Retirement Living, Adult Family Homes, Assisted Living, Home Care, Home Health, Hospice, Independent Living, Long Term Acute Care, Memory Care, and Skilled Nursing.
- – We report all providers fairly and accurately. Every provider is listed free of charge and is able to report their real time availability at no charge.
- – We are an easy one-stop resource, instead of care providers needing to update multiple paid sites.
- – The search results can be tailored to specific need and views from any device- any where.
- – We do not require personal contact information from families that needed help. Their private information is never shared and families can contact the providers directly.
But wait, there’s more…
We wanted to create a more even playing field that represented the whole continuum of care, and to do it with all possible users in mind. From that vision- we created CareAvailability.com. We wanted to list EVERY housing and care company to have the most comprehensive directory available. We want families to access resources from any smart phone, tablet or computer without sharing their contact details. We want it available at no cost to hospitals in hopes to be an easy one-stop resource instead of care providers needing to update multiple paid sites.
But more importantly- we are not just a website. We are highly engaged in our local communities and meet with providers to get to know them and their services. We answer our phones when you call, and a real person replies to your emails. Much of the CareAvailability.com staff continues to juggle the new site tasks while still managing that of Retirement Connection work. This is an endeavor of passion and assistance to serve our local communities, and we hope to see it grow as we make new friends in other cities.